Carrboro Day takes place on the first Sunday of May every year. It’ll take place this year on May 5th, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., on the grounds of the Carrboro Town Hall, 301 Main Street, Carrboro.
This free, family-friendly festival includes:
- Live music
- Food trucks
- Bake sale
- Plant pass-along
- Kids’ crafts
- Kids’ activities
At the Plant Pass-along, the Carrboro Community Garden Club will bring plants to pass along to the community, for free. You’re welcome to bring a plant of your own to share, but it’s not required.
Do you have a poem to share? Join Poetry in the Round in the Town Hall Board Room from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. This is an open reading. All are welcome.
This event has an easy-going atmosphere–no podiums.
Read your own poem, or a poem you love that was written by someone else. You don’t need to stay for the whole event.
Readers will read a short poem (30 lines or less.)
Carrboro Day Schedule:
- 12:50pm‐12:55pm: Opening Remarks
- 12:55pm‐1:00pm: Susan Spalt – Poetry Reading
- 1:00pm: Barbara Foushee
- 1:00pm‐1:50pm: School of Rock
- 1:55pm‐2:00pm: Abigail Browning – Poetry Reading
- 2:00pm: Damon Seils
- 2:05pm‐2:55pm: The Voices of Faith
- 3:00pm‐3:05pm: Jay Bryan – Poetry Reading
- 3:05pm: Sammy Slade
- 3:10pm‐4:00pm: Nantahala
- 4:05pm‐4:10pm: Fred Joiner – Poetry Reading
- 4:10pm: Jacquelyn Gist
- 4:10pm‐5:00pm: Nantahala