Carrboro Day takes place on the first Sunday of May every year. It’s back for 2023, on Sunday, May 7, from 1 to 5 p.m., at Town Commons, 301 W Main Street, Carrboro.
Check out a big list of spring festivals in the Triangle!
This free event is about meeting neighbors, learning about the Town and celebrating Carrboro. It features live music, poetry, art, history, kids’ activities, a walking tour and more.
- 1 p.m.: Saludos Compay
- 2:15 p.m.: Unheard Project GSP
- 4:15 p.m.: School of Rock Chapel Hill
- Viewing Public Works vehicles
- Games such as Giant Jenga and Giant Connect 4
- Chalk Paint Boards and Sidewalk Chalk Area
- Seedling Planting with the Carrboro Farmers Market
- Kids Obstacle Course with the Carrboro Fire Department
- CPR Training with South Orange Rescue Squad
- Beefy Buns
- Bel’le Full Vending
- Ethio-Indi Alkaline & Vegan Cuisine
- Ta Contento Mex Fast
- Tropical Delights
Poetry in the Round
Poetry in the Round will take place inside the Town Council chambers from 2 to 4 p.m. Members of the Carrboro Poets Council will be reading poems. You can also read your own poem, or a poem written by someone else. One page or less.
Meet Town Departments
- Communication and Engagement
- Housing and Community Services
- Information Technology
- Planning, Zoning, and Inspections
- Public Works
- Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources
More at Carrboro Town Day
- Historical presentation
- Historical downtown walking tour
- Carrboro Community Garden Club Plant Pass-a-long
The main Town Hall parking lots will be reserved for event activities and vendor parking. Attendees are encouraged to walk or bike.
Parking will be available at:
- Public Lot – 303 West Weaver St.
- On-street parking along Fidelity Ave.
- Carrboro Elementary School (400 Shelton St.)
Check out a list of fall festivals and Halloween events in the Triangle, or take a quick look at upcoming festivals: