The City of Raleigh, in partnership with the African American Cultural Festival, is training its eyes at the Guinness World Record for the longest Soul Train Dance, and you can be a part of it.
The current record is 426 people.
On Saturday, August 24th, 2019, at 9 a.m., join the World’s Longest Soul Train Line Dance at John Chavis Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Blvd., Raleigh.
This event is sponsored by:
- City of Raleigh Parks Recreation and Cultural Resources Department
- African American Cultural Festival
- Hot 97.9FM
- National Pan-Hellenic Council Greater Raleigh Area
- South East Raleigh Assembly
Here are the rules for the World’s Largest Soul Train Dance:
- The dance must be performed in the traditional manner, following the norms of a Soul Train dance.
- All the dancers must complete their turn to dance down the center of the two lines from the beginning to the end.
- A maximum of two people may dance down the line, side by side, at the same time.
- The dancers forming the two lines must also continuously dance or move to the music.
- Only people who take a turn to dance down the centre of the two lines will count towards the record.
Please email Grady Bussey at email@example.com with any questions.
Taking it way back…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zpGfxgPEQYSubscribe to Triangle on the Cheap