Starrlight Mead specializes in honey wine, also known as mead. The mead is made right on the property, from local North Carolina honey.
Starrlight Mead is at 130 Lorax Lane in Pittsboro, behind Chatham Marketplace, under the water tower.
Starrlight Mead also hosts frequent events, which you find on their Facebook page.
MeadFest is Starrlight Mead’s annual celebration of all things mead! Drink mead, learn how to make mead, celebrate mead! Also, it’s a mini-Renaissance faire! Music, Vendors, Knights, Food, and more!
It takes place Saturday, September 24th, 2022, from 12 to 5 p.m.
- Music by Thunder and Spice and sword fighting demos by Knights of the Fiat Lux.
- Drinks – Honeygirl Meadery will be joining Starrlight again with their meads
- BMC Brewery – try out their beers on tap!
- Fair Game Beverage – grab a mixed drink or a cider from Chatham Cider Works!
- Food – Copeland Springs Farm & Kitchen – delicious farm to fork vegetarian options
- Lilly Den Farm – bringing the smoker for amazing sandwiches and sides
- Ta Contento – Mexican fast food
- Metal Brix Cafe – coffee, snacks and fair food
- Big I’s Backward Crab – NC style fish and seafood
This is a free, family-friendly event. Everything is free except for the food and drinks. Rain or shine. Come in costume!
Vendors for Mead Fest 2022
- Raven’s Keep Forge – primitive forging, metal working
- Spiral Grove Apothecary – herbs, teas, body products
- Glimmerfae Creations – fairy wings, ear cuffs, crowns
- Jzumps Creations – chainmaille, jewelry, watches
- HammerSol – precious metal jewelry
- Samhain Faerie Creations – crochet critters
- SnoEscape – shaved ice
- The Dapper Kraken – fabric arts
- Finklepott’s Fairy Hair – sparkle for your hair
- Custom Creature Creations – face painting
- Cauldron, Loom & Forge – candles, jewelry
- Beekeeper, Inc – honeys
- CLAWS – information on wildlife rescue, birds
- American Brewmaster – home brew store, mead making
- Blue Ridge Pepper Patch – HOT peppers
- Three Little Birds Apiary – local Chatham County honey
- (em)’s Cafe – baked goods
- Lilac Light – crystals, prints
- Chatham Axes – try ax throwing, throw a few or throw all day
- Sword Circle – Archery
- The Viking Experience – NEW this year – we had so much fun at their event, they are coming to ours!
- Lockheart Design – NEW this year – woodworking – cutting and charcuterie boards
- Chimerical Reaction – NEW this year – leather and chainmail clothing and accessories
- Hoddmimis Holt – handcrafted runes, wood crafts
- Backyard Butterflies – NEW this year – education about butterflies
- Hedge and Henge – NEW this year – herbs, stones, crafts
- Knights Sword Fighting – 12:30 pm
- Tour the Starrlight Mead Production – 1 pm
- CLAWS Owl Release – 1 pm
- Music: Thunder and Spice – 1 pm
- Locally Available Meads Tasting – 1:30 pm – free, limited to the first 40 people
- CLAWS Owl Release – 2 pm
- Music: Thunder and Spice – 2 pm
- Home Mead Making Demo & Raffle – 2 pm
- Knights Sword Fighting – 2:30 pm
- Tour the Starrlight Mead Production – 3 pm
- CLAWS Owl Release – 3 pm
- Music: Thunder and Spice – 3 pm
- CLAWS Owl Release – 4 pm
- Music: Thunder and Spice – 4 pm
Annual Community Solstice Party
Saturday, December 3rd, 2022
This event is presented by the Triangle Area Pagan Alliance. Check back soon for details.
Upcoming Events in the TriangleCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Sunday, October 2, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022
Tuesday, October 4, 2022