Prodigal Farm, at 4720 Bahama Road in Rougemont, which is in the northern part of Durham County, produces cheese from the goats on the 95-acre farm.
They frequently host events to introduce the public to the goats and goat products.
Goat Kid Festival
Sunday, November, 18th, 2018
12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost $5/car in advance. $10/car at the gate.
Please note that they only sell 300 tickets. So if you’re going to go, consider buying the ticket in advance, not just to save the $5, but to make sure you get one. Buy tickets here.
- Tour the 95-acre farm and milking parlor
- Play with the baby goats
- Meet the milking does
- Taste the nationally award-winning cheeses
- Buy food from The Merry Franksters Food Truck (pork, beef and vegan options)
- Cider and wine tastings by Botanist & Barrel
- Mead tastings by Honeygirl Meadery
- Soapmaking demonstrations from Red Mountain Goodness
- Blacksmithing demonstrations
- Music from Viva la Muerte
The next Goat Kid Festival will be Sunday, December 16th, 2018, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., and you can buy tickets for that one now too. It’s also $5/car.