Prodigal Farm, at 4720 Bahama Road in Rougemont, which is in the northern part of Durham County, produces cheese from the goats on the 95-acre farm.
They frequently host events to introduce the public to the goats and goat products.
The December 23rd event has been canceled because the fields are too wet.
Goat Kid Festival
Sunday, December 23, 2018
12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost $5/car in advance. $10/car at the gate.
Please note that they only sell 300 tickets. So if you’re going to go, consider buying the ticket in advance, not just to save the $5, but to make sure you get one. Buy tickets here.
- Tour the 95-acre farm and milking parlor
- Play with the baby goats
- Meet the milking does
- Taste the nationally award-winning cheeses
- Buy food from The Merry Franksters Food Truck (pork, beef and vegan options)
- Cider and wine tastings by Botanist & Barrel
- Mead tastings by Honeygirl Meadery
- Soapmaking demonstrations from Red Mountain Goodness
- Blacksmithing demonstrations
- Music from Viva la Muerte
The next Goat Kid Festival will be Sunday, December 16th, 2018, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., and you can buy tickets for that one now too. It’s also $5/car.