The Crafts Center and Arts NC State are presenting Art of Remembrance — A Memorial Ceremony Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
It will take place on Saturday, September 11th, 2021, at 7 p.m., at Stewart Theatre, 2610 Cates Avenue, Raleigh, on the NC State campus.
This is a free event, but you do have to register on Eventbrite.
The event will also be livestreamed. The link will be available here.
The event will feature music and dance from NC State arts students, comments from the chancellor, and presentations from several NC State alumni.
The event will feature:
- Opening music by the NC State Department of Music
- Mark Evans ‘16: Sound of September: A 9/11 Sonic Narrative
- Chancellor Randy Woodson
- Performance by the NC State Dance Program
- Charles Moretz ‘72: Genius Loci: The Art of Remembrance
- Musical recording by Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Mary Chapin Carpenter: Grand Central Station
- North Carolina poet laureate Jaki Shelton Green: Lifting Veils
- John Cerqueira ’01: That Day in September
- Military and Veterans Services: Color Guard and Bagpipes
Upcoming Events in the Triangle -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Stewart Theatre, NC State, Raleigh