North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir is offering a FREE half-day music camp and workshop for all children in the community, age 7-13.
The music camp and workshop takes place Saturday, January 11th, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill, in the Fellowship Hall.
To register your child, follow the above link.
- Open to all Triangle area boys and girls (7-13 years old).
- No prior singing experience is needed.
- Love of singing and a wish to learn classic vocal and performance techniques.
- And (importantly!) a desire to have fun with other boys and girls while learning great music!
At the camp:
- Professional vocal training, music theory introduction and lots of fun activities.
- Snacks and water provided to campers at no cost.
- The added bonus is that participation in the day camps supplants/ takes place in lieu of a formal choir audition. They will listen to your kids’ voices in a fun, low key camp environment among the group of their peers. Children do not realize that in addition to having a good time at the camp, they are being auditioned too. This camp-based “audition replacement” works very well for shy kids.
About the North Carolina Boys Choir and Girls Choir:The North Carolina Boys Choir was founded in 1972 as the Durham Boys Choir by William Graham and designated the North Carolina Boys Choir in 1983 by then-Governor James B. Hunt, Jr.
Through the years the Choir has sung with all the area’s major choral groups such as the Duke Chapel Choir, Choral Society of Durham, Choirs of Meredith College, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. They have also sung with the North Carolina Symphony.
The Choir tours nationally and internationally and has presented concerts in churches and cathedrals in Canada, England, and Scotland. In 2016 The North Carolina Boys Choir participated in the Requiem by Faure; and this past April, they participated in the Te Deum by Berlioz.
The North Carolina Boys Choir and North Carolina Girls Choir are under the direction of Robert Unger and David Cole.