Raleigh Wine Shop, 126 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, is holding its 8th Annual Korktoberfest on Friday, October 5th, through Sunday, October 7th, 2018. There will be lots of wine, beer and food samples, as well as big discounts on wine purchases.
Friday: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Check the Facebook event page for updates.
Here’s what’s going on:
All Weekend Long:
- Up to 30% off dozens of wine specials throughout the storeFree wine, beer, cider, and provisions
- Tastings throughout the weekend with a bevy of wine reps from around the Triangle
- The WineStation will be loaded with deep discount wines to try before you buy!
- 8th Annual David Hasselhoff trivia contest
- 5th Annual Sir Walter photo contest
- Chance to win great prizes all weekend long
- Special lunch on Saturday with Capital Club 16
- Cousins Maine Lobster food truck in the parking lot on Sunday
- Wine and beer on tap and specials on growlers
Friday: Store Hours: 11am – 9pm
Pre-shop the stacks and meet the crew from Atomo Augmented Reality
- 11am – 9pm: Pre-shopping: The early bird gets the worm! Start pre-shopping our biggest discounts before the crowds as you sip and shop all day long.
- 11am – 9pm: WineStation Specials. While you shop the stacks enjoy 25% off the WineStation that’s fully loaded with special wines stacked throughout the shop so you can try before you buy.
- 4pm – 8pm: The Blood Connection Blood Drive. New Direction Family Law has teamed up with The Blood Connection to host a mobile blood drive in our parking lot so you can help out your fellow North Carolinians in need.
- 5pm – 9pm: Atomo Augmented Reality. A group of students from NC State University have taken over our reality – shop with them and their awesome mobile application set up to take you on a journey throughout the store.
Saturday: Store Hours: 11am – 7pm
Free wine & provisions tastings and lunch with Capital Club 16
- Noon – 3pm: A Trio of Free Wine Tastings. Jay Murrie of Piedmont Imports, Brad Beavers of The Country Vintner, and Ariel Tetterton of Advintage Distributing will all be here pouring fun, fresh, and awesome wines.
- Noon – 4pm: Lunch with Capital Club 16. Capital Club 16 will be on hand selling sausages, pretzels and other delicious Germanic-themed lunch foods.
- 3pm – 6pm: More Wine Tastings John Lambrakis of Bordeaux Fine & Rare will be serving up some tasty wines from the stacks and Kate Stamps from our newest distributor, Rise Over Run will also have some fun new arrivals to taste.
- 3pm – 6pm: Provisions Tasting. We’ll be sampling a selection of some of our favorite local and artisanal provisions from such craftspeople Orrman’s Cheese Shop, Charlito’s Cocina, The Accidental Baker, along with olives, almonds, and a fun new Chinotto citrus soda from Lurisia to wash it all down.
Sunday: Store Hours: Noon – 5pm
Cousins Maine Lobster out in the lot, beer and wine on tap, and even more special guests and a last chance to take advantage of our storewide sale
- Noon – 3pm: Even More Wine Tastings. Robin Bodwin of Proof Wine & Spirits and Angela of Rabelais Wines out of Durham will close out the weekend’s tastings with a bang.
- Noon – 4pm: Wine & Beer On Tap. Trophy Brewing Co. and Ponysaurus Brewing on tap out of our new draft system so you can get a glass of wine or beer while you shop, and fill up a growler to go at a discount.
- Noon – 4pm: Cousins Maine Lobster Food Truck. One of the Triangle’s most popular food trucks will be right in our shop parking lot
- Noon – 3pm: Chocolate for Dessert. Samples of Escazu chocolate so you can grab a taste and a bar for dessert after your Lobster Truck extravaganza