Duke Homestead State Historic Site, 2828 Duke Homestead Road in Durham, is hosting the Harvest and Hornworm Festival on Saturday, August 24th, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Admission is free.
The festival celebrates North Carolina’s farming culture and history. Highlights are the looping contest, moon pie eating contest, and hornworm race. This event will feature live music, local arts and crafts vendors, hands on history, and the last tobacco auction in Durham.
- 10am – 12pm Tobacco Harvesting
- 10:30am – 11:30am Live Music
- 11am Tobacco Looping/Stringing Contest
- 12pm Field Games & Hornworm Race
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm Live Music
- 1:00pm Moon Pie Eating Contest
- 1:30pm Mock Tobacco Auction
- 3pm Raffle Winners Announced
- Open House and Open Third Factory in the Historic Area
- Interpreters at the Curing Barn and Pack House
- LocalArts and Crafts vendors
- Kids’ Corral Craft Area
- Raffle Tickets Available