Carrboro Music Festival is a free event taking place at many venues on Saturday, September 29th, and Sunday, September 30th, 2018. It showcases the wide variety of musical artists in the Triangle.
This year marks the 21st year of the Carrboro Music Festival.
The music takes place in 29 venues, including traditional music venues, breweries, shops and restaurants. All kinds of music will be performed, from hip hop to psychedelic rock. 200 acts will be performing.
Make sure to check the Carrboro Music Festival website for the Sunday band schedule.
Saturday, September 29, 2018 Kickoff at Libba Cotten Stage at Carrboro Farmer’s Market
- 2:00 p.m.: Carolina Chocolate Drop: Hubby Jenkins (banjo/blues)
- 2:35 p.m.: Fiddling Al McCanless and Leroy Savage with Tommy Goldsmith, Buck Peacock and Gene Knight (bluegrass/newgrass)
- 3:10 p.m.: Claudine Langille of Touchstone and Cora McGovern with Bob Vasile of Pratie Heads (Irish/Appalachian)
- 3:45 p.m.: Font D’Culottes: Matt Haney, Sara Ploense, Trent Van Blaricom (Cajun Dance Band)
- 4:30 p.m.: Irish Bluegrass JigJam
Carrboro Music Festival Kickoff Event at Cat’s Cradle Back Room:
Saturday, 8 p.m.: Eric Bachmann and Lonnie Walker
Sunday, September 30, 2018
1:00pm – 12:00 Midnight – Various Venues all over town
This is a huge music festival in a small town. Check out this guide and map to see all the locations and what’s going on at each one.
There’s a free shuttle to take you between venues.