Stop by City Market, 215 Wolfe Street, Raleigh, as part of your First Friday experience on Friday, May 3rd, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
At Art in the Market, enjoy music and visual art, and purchase food and drink or shop at City Market tenants, who will be open late for Friday Friday.
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Saxaphonist – Freddy Greene
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Tyler Butler-Figueroa, violinist
- 6 pm. to 8 p.m.: Pianist and singer Bella G.
- 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.: One Tribe Drum Circle. Bring your instrument or borrow one. Chairs provided. Dancing and hooping encouraged.
Artist Window Displays by:
- Keith Norval : Norval shares a studio at Artspace located in downtown Raleigh with his wife- artist Anna Podris. Norval was awarded the Regional Artist Project Grant from the United Arts Council in 2003, has painted murals in York Elementary in Raleigh, NC and at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY. His work has been shown in Columbia, MO, Vail, CO, San Diego, CA, Greensboro, NC, Miami, FL and NYC.
- Anna Podris: A painter working in North Carolina. Inspired by the foliage and fresh air of wilderness areas as well as the vibrancy of diverse urban areas. She shows her work locally in her studio space at Artspace in downtown Raleigh. She also shows her work regionally and nationally.
- Christina Britt: A full time chemist pursuing her second love, art.
- Nichole Scargliano: Raleigh based artist. Abstract expressionist style, Nichole uses color, mixed media, and pops of realism to define her artistic technique.
- Becky Joye: A visual artist based in Raleigh, North Carolina. She was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Bachelor of Architecture. Now she enjoys escaping to an invented world of color, pattern, and impracticable structures.
- Daryl Council: Daryl uses many different mediums for his art, such as oil, acrylics, pastels, and spray paints on canvas. #flydragonarts
- Clarence Heyward: Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Clarence Heyward is a portrait/figurative artist. He relocated to North Carolina to study Art Education at North Carolina Central University. Self-described as a painter of people; his work investigates cultural truths, challenges stereotypes and questions identity.
- The Devilish Egg
- Brovelli Oils, Vinegars & Gifts
- Bella Vita
- The Design Gallery Salon
- Unleashed at City Market
- Social Status
- Vic’s Italian Restaurant
- Woody’s at City Market
- City Market Sushi
- TREAT Ice Cream
- MOFU (featured artist during First Friday)