UPDATE: We don’t know for sure if this series is taking place right now. We’ll update when we do!
Durham Beer and Banjos is a free music series featuring roots, bluegrass, Americana and folk music on the rooftop of The Pit Authentic Barbecue, 321 W. Geer Street, Durham. It starts at 6:30 p.m.
The house band starts at 6 p.m. and the main act plays at 7 p.m.
This is the Durham version of the long-running Beer and Banjos music series that takes place on Tuesdays at Raleigh Times Bar in Raleigh.
Durham Beer and Banjos is hosted by Alan Barnosky, a Durham flatpicking guitarist and songwriter. It takes place the first Thursday of the month.
Make sure to grab a plate of BBQ! Also, the series is free, but consider tipping the musicians or buying a CD.
- Thursday, June 2nd 2022: The Hey Brothers
- Thursday, July 7th, 2022: Andrew Marlin and Reed Stutz
- Thursday, August 4th, 2022: Wyldwood
- Thursday, September 1st, 2022: Curtis Eller
- Thursday, October 6th, 2022: The Smoky Dunes