Dix Park’s first Pop-Up Museum opens on Saturday, January 15th, 2022. The pop-up museum will include two history exhibits:
- Plantation to Park, presenting the layered history of Dix Hill
- We Built This, profiles of Black architects and builders in North Carolina.
The Pop-Up Museum will be at Dix Park through February 27th, 2022, at Chapel Event Center, 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, and will be open the following hours:
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
There will be an opening reception for the Pop-Up Museum on Saturday, January 15th, 2022, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m.: Noon: Welcome & Special Remarks
- Noon-12:30 p.m.: Performance by Pierce Freelon – Grammy-nominated musician & son of late architect Phil Freelon
- The reception will be held in an open-air tent on the Chapel Event Lawn.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Exhibits will be inside the Chapel in the main event hall.
- Masks will be required indoors & in the outdoor event tent.
The Pop-up Museum exhibits are hosted in partnership with City of Raleigh Museum, Preservation North Carolina and Dix Park Conservancy.