Brazilian Day NC Festival takes place Saturday, September 7th, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., at Durham Central Park, 501 Foster Street, Durham.
Admission is free.
September is a very special month for Brazilian immigrants living in the United States. It is a time to sing, dance, meet friends, and celebrate life as an immigrant. Aligned with the festivities for the Brazilian independence, September is the month in which the cities with large Brazilian population commemorate the Brazilian Day.
The festival will allow you to immerse yourself in the Brazilian culture with live music, dance performances and workshops. Check back soon for more details.
- 2 p.m.: Concentration in front of Dame’s Chicken Waffle
- 2:15 p.m.: Parade
- 2:45 p.m.: Festival Kick-off
- 3 p.m.: Capoeira Workshop
- 3:20 p.m.: Roda de Capoeira
- 3:45 p.m.: Workshop Samba
- 4:15 p.m.: Andressa Donohe (Dance Performance)
- 4:20 p.m.: NC Brazilian Arts Dance Performance
- 4:45 p.m.: Brazilian National by Oxente, Batalá, and Jim Henderson
- 5 p.m.: Batalá (drumming performance)
- 5:30 p.m: Bruno Campos (Sertanejo)
- 6:05 p.m.: Oxente (drumming performance)
- 6:30 p.m.: Caique Vidal & Batuque