The town of Benson, NC, is holding its annual festival, Benson Mule Days from Thursday, September 21st, to Sunday, September 24th, 2023.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes! We have also put together a big list of Halloween events and Trick or Treat events!
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 to 5 p.m.
Benson is in Johnston County, about a 35 mile drive to the south from Raleigh. It’s convenient to Willow Springs, NC.
This is the 74th year for this festival, which celebrates the mule and its role in rural farming. The festival also include live music, rodeos, a carnival, vendors, and much more.
There’s a Mule Day Parade on Saturday, September 24th, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Mule-related festivities include:
- Mule Show
- Mule Race
- Mules Got Talent
- Mule Day Parade
Admission is free, but some events and activities, like the rodeos and carnival rides have costs associated with them.
Vendors and the carnival are in downtown Benson, and other events (Mule Show, rodeos, concerts, etc.) are in various venues in Benson.
Friday and Saturday nights. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Chamber Park Arena, 355 J Lee Road, Benson, NC.
Tickets are $20, per night, for ages 6 and older. Free admission for ages 5 and younger. Cash only. No pre-sales.
Your ticket includes admission to the Mule Day Dance immediately following the rodeo.
Friday – September 22, 2023
- 8 a.m.: Registration Begins
- 10 a.m.: Mule Show, Chamber Park (sponsored by Mule City Feeds)
- 2 p.m.: Annual Mule Race, Chamber Park
Chamber Park, at 355 J Lee Road, Benson, NC
The parade is on Saturday, September 23, 2023, at 10 a.m. It lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours. It takes place on Main Street in Benson.
- Thursday: 6 pm. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Unlimited ride bands are $25 per session. Individual tickets are $1.
Dances and Concerts
- 6 p.m.: Antique Outlaws Band
- 7:30 p.m.: Mark Wills
- 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.: Mule Days Dance, with Eric Strickland Band
- 1 p.m.: Mule Days Concert: The Malpass Brothers
- 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.: Mule Days Dance, with Jonathan Parker Band
Classic Country & Gospel
- 6 p.m.: Trish England, American Christian Country Music Associated Recording Artist
- 7 p.m.: Blackcreek Bluegrass Band
- 1 p.m.: The Malpass Brothers
- 3 p.m.: Wilmington Celebration Chor
- 4 p.m.: Willing Heart Trio
Check out a list of fall festivals and Halloween events in the Triangle, or take a quick look at upcoming festivals:
Sunday, September 24, 2023
Friday, September 29, 2023
Saturday, September 30, 2023
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Friday, October 6, 2023
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Thursday, October 12, 2023
Friday, October 13, 2023
Saturday, October 14, 2023
Sunday, October 15, 2023
Monday, October 16, 2023
Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Thursday, October 19, 2023
Friday, October 20, 2023
Saturday, October 21, 2023
Sunday, October 22, 2023
Friday, October 27, 2023
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Sunday, October 29, 2023
Friday, November 3, 2023
Saturday, November 4, 2023
Sunday, November 5, 2023
Saturday, November 18, 2023