North Carolina Book Festival is a free event that provides a wide variety of audiences access to a diverse slate of local, national and international writers and artists.
It takes place at various venues in Raleigh from February 21st to February 23rd, 2020.
The festival features readings, panels, demonstrations and lectures, showcasing both traditional and non-traditional genres such as comic books and graphic novels.
The festival will also include a book fair, where guests can shop for books from local authors, presses and vendors.
Although the event is free, tickets are required for some of the events and are subject to selling out.
Authors at NC Book Festival
- Katya Apekina
- Belle Boggs
- Jericho Brown
- Tyree Daye
- Therese Anne Fowler
- Tupelo Hassman
- Jeff Jackson
- John Kessel
- Mur Lafferty
- Valeria Luiselli
- Mesha Maren
- Kwame Mbalia
- James McBride
- M. Randal O’Wain
- Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Kim Stanley Robinson
- More, to be announced
Hosting Venues for NC Book Festival
409 W. Martin Street, Raleigh
CAM will host the NC Book Festival Book Fair on Saturday, February 22nd.
310 S. Harrington Street
HQ Raleigh will host events on Saturday, February 22nd.
14 W. Martin Street, Raleigh
Kings will host Festival programming on Saturday, February 22nd, and Sunday, February 23rd.
14 W. Martin Street, Raleigh (underneath Kings)
Neptune’s Parlour will host Festival programming on Saturday, February 22nd.
NC State’s James B. Hunt Jr. Library
1070 Partners Way, Raleigh
North Carolina State University’s James B. Hunt Jr. Library will host Arts & Lectures Series events.
Quail Ridge Books
4209-100 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh
Quail Ridge Books will host festival programming TBA.
Schedule for NC Book Festival
Friday, February 21st at Quail Ridge Books:
- 5:30 pm.: Kim Stanley Robinson
- 7 p.m.: Raleigh Review celebrates its 10th anniversary
Saturday, February 22nd at CAM Raleigh:
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: The NC Book Festival Book Fair
Saturday, February 22nd at Kings Raleigh:
- 12 pm.: Tupelo Hassman in conversation with Belle Boggs
- 1 p.m.: John Kessel, Mur Lafferty and Kim Stanley Robinson
- 2 p.m.: Andre Perry in conversation with Darrell Stover
- 3 p.m.: Katya Apekina in conversation with Jeff Jackson
- 4 p.m.: Taylor Jenkins Reid in conversation with Amelia Meath
Saturday, February 22nd at Neptune’s Parlour (Poetry Under the Sea):
- 12 p.m.: Cassandra J. Bruner and Ross White
- 1 p.m.: Fred Joiner and Jessica Q. Stark
- 2 p.m.: Jane Craven and Dorianne Laux
- 3 p.m.: Eduardo Corral and Tyree Daye
- 4 p.m.: Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
Saturday, February 22nd at HQ Raleigh (Warehouse):
- 11 a.m.: NCSU remembers Gerald Barrax
- 12 p.m.: The State of Newspaper Journalism with David Menconi, Steven Petrow and Lisa Sorg
- 1 p.m.: Michael Parker in conversation with Jill McCorkle
- 2 pm.: What the Dog Knows with Cat Warren
- 3 p.m.: TBD
- 4 p.m.: Self Publishing Your Book with Lulu.com
Sunday, February 23rd at Kings:
- 1 p.m. Jake Xerxes Fussell performs, with readings by JP Gritton, Mesha Maren, M. Randal O’Wain and Daniel Wallace