North Carolina Book Festival is a free event that provides a wide variety of audiences access to a diverse slate of local, national and international writers and artists.
It takes place at various venues in Raleigh from February 22nd to February 24th, 2019.
The festival features readings, panels, demonstrations and lectures, showcasing both traditional and non-traditional genres such as comic books and graphic novels.
The festival will also include a book fair, where guests can shop for books from local authors, presses and vendors.
Although the event is free, tickets are required for some of the event and are subject to selling out.
Authors at NC Book Festival
- Hanif Abdurraqib
- Wilton Barnhardt
- Belle Boggs
- Michael Blumlein
- Sandra Cisneros
- Eduardo C. Corral
- Marcelle Crickenberger
- Tyree Daye
- Ben Fountain
- Therese Anne Fowler
- Jaki Shelton Green
- Destiny Hemphill
- Scott Huler
- Lauren Hunter
- Jeff Jackson
- John Kessel
- Mesha Maren
- Scott McClanahan
- Jill McCorkle
- Brockton McKinney
- David Menconi
- Joseph Millar
- Elaine Neil Orr
- Emilia Phillips
- Kathryn Schwille
- Samia Serageldin
- Alan Shapiro
- Chris Stamey
- Jon Thompson
- June Eric-Udorie
- Hannah Vanderhart
- William T. Vollmann
- Daniel Wallace
- David Welch
Hosting Venues for NC Book Festival
409 W. Martin Street, Raleigh
CAM will host Festival programming on Saturday, February 23rd from 10am-7pm.
Crank Arm Brewing
319 W. Davie Street, Raleigh
Crank Arm Brewing will host Books & Beer sponsored by Quail Ridge Books at 7pm on Thursday, February 21st.
310 S. Harrington Street
HQ Raleigh will host the North Carolina Book Festival Book Fair on Saturday, February 23rd from 10am-6pm.
14 W. Martin Street, RaleighKings will host Festival programming on Saturday, February 23rd from 11am-until, and on Sunday, February 24th from 2pm-until.
14 W. Martin Street, Raleigh (underneath Kings)
Neptune’s Parlour will host Festival programming on Saturday, February 23rd from 11am-until.
NC State’s James B. Hunt Jr. Library
1070 Partners Way, Raleigh
North Carolina State University’s James B. Hunt Jr. Library will host Festival programming on Friday, February 22nd at 7pm.
Quail Ridge Books
4209-100 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh
Quail Ridge Books will host children’s programming on Saturday, February 23rd. Schedule to be announced.
Schedule for NC Book Festival
Subject to change. Make sure to verify the schedule on the NC Book Festival website.
Thursday, February 21st, 2019
Crank Arm Brewing
- 7 p.m.: Chris Stamey
Friday, February 22nd, 2019
North Carolina State University’s James B. Hunt Jr. Library
- 7 p.m.: William T. Vollmann–SOLD OUT (waitlist spots available)
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: The 2019 North Carolina Book Festival Book Fair
- 11 a.m.: Jaki Shelton Green in conversation with David Menconi
- 12 p.m.: Elaine Neil Orr in conversation with Kathryn Schwille
- 1:15 p.m.: Alan Shapiro
- 2:15 p.m.: Belle Boggs in conversation with Samia Serageldin, Jill McCorkle and others to be announced.
- 3:15 p.m.: Therese Anne Fowler
- 4:15 p.m.: Ben Fountain in conversation with Jill McCorkle
- 5:15 p.m.: June Eric-Udorie in conversation with Dr. Patrice Douglass
- 7:00 p.m.: Sandra Cisneros–SOLD OUT (waitlist spots available)
- All day: Marcelle Crickenberger
- 12 p.m.: Brockton McKinney
- 1 p.m: John Kessel in conversation with Michael Blumlein
- 2 p.m.: Wilton Barnhardt
- 3 p.m.: Mesha Maren in conversation with Daniel Wallace
- 4 p.m.: David Menconi
- 5 p.m.: Jeff Jackson in conversation with Scott McClanahan
Poetry Under the Sea
- 12:30 p.m.:Hannah Evangeline Edwards and Emilia Phillips
- 1:30 p.m.: Lauren Hunter and Hannah Vanderhart
- 2:30 p.m.: Joseph Millar and Jon Thompson
- 3:30 p.m.: Eduardo C. Corral and David Welch
- 4:30 p.m.: Tyree Daye and Destiny Hemphill
Quail Ridge Books
- 10:30 a.m. until…: Kids activities to be announced
So & So Books
- 1 p.m.: Scott Huler–Raleigh Tunnel Tour (ticket required–may be cost associated)
Sunday, February 24th, 2019
Sunday Sendoff (tickets required)
- 2 p.m.: 33 1/3 Book Club–A Tribe Called Quest’s Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm.
- 2:45 p.m.: Hanif Abdurraqib (Tickets required)