Efland Fringe Fest is an art party and studio tour at artist Mark Cool’s country place at 2016 Halls Mill Road, Efland, on Saturday, August 24th, 2019, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
You can check out Mark’s art and that of his guest artists. The focus is on creative reuse and unique vision.
This is a free event. It’s kid-friendly (with the caveat that supervision is necessary.)
There’s lots to explore and enjoy in addition to the art, including:
- Live acoustic music
- Creek walk
- Cool junk
- Architectural salvage
- Tiny houses
Mark’s mom and brother are cooking up food for sale. Mark’s brother is a pro cook who likes to make comfort food. Mark’s mom is his mom! And also a great cook.
There won’t be any alcohol for sale, but you can BYOB.
- Mark Cool-Assemblage Art using vintage reclaimed wood and found objects.
- Jay Meadors, Meadors Woods- Woodturning and other cool wood creations.
- Junkman’s Crossroads- Hand made instruments (Black Owl Guitars) and handbags made from vintage textiles
- Ann Brownlee Hobgood- Salvaged metal figurative assemblages
- Kathleen MacFie- Juniper bead jewelry and other cool creations.
- Ian Griffin- Self-taught collage and sutured compositions.
- Lara O’Keefe- Wood fired, salt glazed pottery from Pittsboro.
- Sam Ezell– Folk Art paintings, Hillsborough, NC. (Famous for paintings of Duke’s Mayonnaise Jars and Mt Olive pickle jars.)
- Orcalligraphy– Art and cards hand-penned by Naja Smart, Durham, NC.
- The Cools– Mark and Celina Cool-twangy folky songs.
- Kiah Wells– guitar, mandolin, songwriter. (Kiah Wells also plays with Mr Darcy.)
- Bob Vasile (formerly of the Pratie Heads) guitar, bouzouki.
- Cigar Box Jesus , duo format. Bluesy original jams.