Efland Fringe Fest Fall Edition is an art party and studio tour at artist Mark Cool’s country place at 2016 Halls Mill Road, Efland, on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rain date is Sunday, November 3rd.
His place in the woods is:
- 10 minutes from Downtown Hillsborough
- 25 minutes from Durham, Chapel Hill and Burlington
- 50 minutes from Raleigh and Pittsboro
- 40 minutes from Greensboro
You can check out Mark’s art and that of his guest artists. The focus is on creative reuse and unique vision.
This is a free event. It’s kid-friendly (with the caveat that supervision is necessary, since there are nails, lumber, etc. in a workshop, as well as a creek.)
There’s lots to explore and enjoy, including:
- Awesome art
- Great food
- Live acoustic music
- Creek walk
- Cool junk
- Architectural salvage
- Tiny houses
There will be food for sale by Chef Derek and Grandma Liz. Last time they served up pulled pork sandwiches with homemade slaw, empanadas and three kinds of pies. So….maybe something like that!
There won’t be any alcohol for sale, but you can BYOB.
- Mark Cool-Assemblage Art using vintage reclaimed wood and found objects.
- Jay Meadors, Meadors Woods- Woodturning and other cool wood creations.
- Kathleen MacFie – Juniper bead jewelry and other cool creations
- Ian Griffan – Self-taught collage and sutured compositions, plus clocks made from vinyl records
- Orcalligraphy – Punny cards and calligraphy
- Scott Higgins – Wood Assemblages, abstract, using reclaimed materials
- Sam Ezell – Renowned folk painter with a colorful, whimsical style, maybe best known for his Duke’s Mayonnaise jar paintings
- More TBA
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Writers in the round with Chris Loch, Bill Whitmore and Brian Hershberger
- 1 p.m.: Kiah Wells
- 2 p.m.: Bob Vasile
- 3 p.m.: Bob Funck
You can bring your dog if it gets along with other dogs and people, because there are a couple of friendly resident dogs. And, of course, clean up after your dog unless it does its business way deep in the woods.