Triangle Land Conservancy is committed to safeguarding clean water, protecting natural habitats, supporting local farms and food, and connecting people with nature through land protection and stewardship, catalyzing community action, and collaboration. The organization presents many events throughout the year, and most of them are free to attend.
Right now they are not hosting events where groups of people gather, but there is a Hiking Challenge and a 2121 Mini Hiking Challenge.
In both of these hiking challenges, participants will be eligible for prizes just by going on hikes at public TLC Nature Preserves that have hiking trails:
- Bailey and Sarah Williamson Farm & Nature Preserve
- Brumley Forest Nature Preserve
- Flower Hill Nature Preserve
- Horton Grove Nature Preserve
- Johnston Mill Nature Preserve
- Swift Creek Bluffs Nature Preserve
- White Pines Nature Preserve
Get complete information on the Hiking Challenge page. That’s where the following info is from:
Explore new places, challenge yourself, and win fun prizes by participating in TLC’s Hiking Challenge. Anyone can enroll in the Hiking Challenge, regardless of if you are a current TLC member.
It consists of completing six hikes at six public TLC preserves, with the option of replacing one hike with any outdoor TLC event.
You have one year from the date you enroll to conquer the challenge — finish three hikes and receive the badge pictured here; complete all six requirements to be listed on our Hiking Challenge Wall of Fame and win more prizes!
Participants who are nonmembers when they finish the Challenge will receive a year’s TLC membership while current members will get a TLC prize pack, including goodies like a TLC water bottle, TLC canvas bag, and a $25 gift card to the Great Outdoor Provision Company!
Share photos of your Hiking Challenge on social media — use the hashtag #HikeTLC on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
Hiking Challenge Rules:
- Before beginning, please read the rules and hiking challenge safety guidelines.
- Anyone can participate in the Hiking Challenge; prizes will be awarded based on membership status at the time of completion.
- Participants may either complete hikes at six different TLC preserves or replace one hike with a TLC outdoor event at any preserve. Hikes completed as a part of TLC events can be logged as hikes for the Hiking Challenge. You may also use one of our virtual opportunities such as viewing a recording from our Conservation Conversations Series or our most recent Wild Ideas for Wildflowers!
- You must complete the Hiking Challenge within one year of the date of enrollment. Hikes must be logged within one week of completion. Hikes completed before enrollment are not eligible and cannot be counted towards those required for the program.
- Hikes may be completed alone or with a group.
- Hikes must be logged on the TLC Hiking Challenge website. When logging your hike on the website, you have the option to either write a sentence describing your hike or to post a photo of yourself on your hike on social media, or email the photos to email@example.com. For social media posts, use the hashtag #HikeTLC and mention us at @TriangleLandConservancy on Instagram or @TriangleLand on Twitter.
2021 Mini Hiking Challenge
Get the complete information on the 2021 Mini Hiking Challenge page. That’s where the following information is from:
What better way to kick off a New Year than to get outside? We are offering a very special mini hiking challenge for this winter that anybody and everybody can participate in! If you have already won the original challenge, only completed half, or if you haven’t logged your first hike, you are invited to participate!
It does not matter if you visit the same preserve over and over again or if you visit all of them for this mini challenge, the more times you get outside and #HikeTLC the better chance you have at winning a prize!
Wondering what the prizes are? Each week will be something different ranging from specially made TLC Masks to top prizes of some Mountain Hardware gear! Check the 2021 Mini Hiking Challenge page and our social media to see what prizes you could win!
Mini Challenge Rules:
- Please read all rules before starting the challenge.
- Anybody can participate in the mini challenge, regardless of membership status.
- The mini challenge will run from January 1st to March 31st, 2021.
- Every hike on a TLC preserve logged counts as 1 submission to the drawing for prizes.
- Every two weeks, we will draw winners, and the list will reset (so make sure you stay on top of logging your hikes or it might miss out.)
- You must either tag TLC in a post on social media with the hashtag #HikeTLC or submit a short quote about your hiking experience. However, using #HikeTLC will gain you an extra submission in the drawing.
- This Mini Challenge is different from the regular challenge. If you are participating in the regular Hiking Challenge, please make sure you are also logging your 6 preserve hikes on that page as well! Hikes can count towards both challenges.
- Good luck and have fun!
Weeks 1/1/21-1/15/21: Names Pulled 1/15 at Noon
- 1st- Mountain Hardware Beanie
- 2nd- TLC Baseball Cap
- 3rd- TLC Care Package