North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission and Jordan Lake State Park present Family Fishing Fiesta on Sunday, April 19th, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Jordan Lake State Park, White Oak Recreation Center, on White Oak Beach Road in Apex.
This free event will give families a chance to enjoy bank fishing, plus a bunch of hands-on activities. You don’t need a fishing license to fish at this event. It’s free for everyone. Kids will receive fishing lessons.
Gather at White Oak Recreation Area on White Oak Beach Road in Apex to enjoy bank fishing, plus over a dozen hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Learn how to cast and tie a fishing knot
- Paddle a big canoe
- Watch a tackle demonstration
- Get fitted for a life jacket
- Learn to identify backyard birds, birds of prey and reptiles
- Meet biologists, park rangers and law enforcement personnel
- Check out an electrofishing boat
- Participate in a skills-based scavenger hunt
- Jump in the bounce house
- Win big prizes at hourly raffles
- And much more
All youth 11 and under who participate in a scavenger hunt will receive a free prize and an entry to win fishing poles and life jackets in the afternoon drawing.
Loaner fishing rods and bait are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No fishing license is required.
Family Fishing Fiesta Schedule
- Fishing and activities all day, with raffles, prizes and demonstrations on the hour until 3 p.m.
- 11 a.m.: Event begins. Pick up your scavenger hunt passport and your raffle ticket at the welcome table.
- 12 p.m.: Food trucks and bring-your-own picnic lunches
Hourly Raffle Prizes
- 12 p.m.: Backyard composter courtesy of Chatham Solid Waste and Recycling
- 1 p.m.: Two State Parks Family Passes ($250 value)
- 2 p.m.: Academy Sports Campsite and gift card (total value $500)
- 3 p.m.: One-year subscription to Wildlife in North Carolina, the Commission’s award-winning magazine, and a Lifetime Fishing License (Total value $265)
Subscribe to Triangle on the Cheap