CenterFest is Durham’s largest cultural and community event, as well as North Carolina’s longest running street art festival. It will take place Saturday, September 15th, 2018, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, September 16th, from 11 p.m. to 5 p.m. It’s free to attend but a $5 donation is appreciated.
The festival takes place in downtown Durham loop on Main and Chapel Hill Streets in the Five Points and CCB Plaza areas.
146 visual artists will showcase and sell their original, handcrafted work in Clay, Drawing, Fibers, Glass, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Wood, Jewelry, Mixed Media, and Sculpture. 75+ performing acts will entertain on 6 stages.
Kids’ Activities at CenterFest
- Frog Puppets – Create a fun frog puppet to keep you company as you explore CenterFest! FREE
- Jingle Bell Bracelets – Make your own bracelet and jingle along with your favorite bands at CenterFest! FREE
- Ladybug Crowns – Design a fun and festive ladybug crown and be the most stylish person at CenterFest! FREE
- Printmaking – With the guidance from Durham’s own Supergraphic/Super G Print Lab artists, participants create your own silk screen design on paper (limited availability) FREE
- Get your hands dirty at the DAC Clay Studio Tent! See wheel throwing demonstrations by DAC instructors and try throwing a pot yourself under their guidance. Sign up in advance for your hands-on session at the DAC Clay Studio Tent. Purchase ceramics created by DAC instructors and take this opportunity to learn more about the DAC Clay Studio
- Facepainting – Paint Savvy is back to transform faces into animals, superheroes and more! PRICE VARIES – see paintsavvy.com (fee-based)
- Kids play activities such as inflatable Moon Bounce and Train Rides for a small fee
Performances at CenterFest
More than 75 acts will be performing on multiple stages. Visit the CenterFest website for updated details.
More fall festivals in the Triangle: