The Museum of Life + Science will host its Santa Train again this year, and tickets are on sale now. They go fast.
December 4-8 | Early Trains: $18 | Late Trains: $15
December 11-15 | Early Trains: $22 | Late Trains: $19
December 18-22 | Early Trains: $25 | Late Trains: $22
* Early Trains: 5:20 pm – 7:20 pm
* Late Trains: 7:40 pm – 8:20 pm
5:20 pm, 5:40 pm, 6 pm, 6:20 pm, 6:40 pm, 7 pm, 7:20 pm, 7:40 pm, 8 pm, 8:20 pm
Gates open at 5:00 pm and close at 9:00 pm every night.
Trains leave the station every twenty minutes from 5:20 pm through 8:20 pm.
There’s also a Sensory Friendly Santa Train on Wednesday, December 4th, at 5:20 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. On the Sensory Friendly Santa Train there won’t be train whistles, yelling in the tunnel, ambient music or flashing lights.
Climb aboard the Ellerbe Creek Railway for a journey to the North Pole. Enjoy a ride through thousands of twinkling lights as we make our way to meet Santa and his elves. Back at the station explore festive activities including:
- Face painting by Paint Savvy
- “Science of Santa” activities
- Take-home crafts
- Holiday music and light displays
- “Skate in your socks” synthetic ice rink
- Complimentary hot chocolate
- Pop-up Museum gift shop
- Magic Wings Butterfly House and Insectarium
- Sprout Cafe will be open for light snacks and coffee