The Museum of Life + Science will host its Santa Train this year, and tickets are going on sale soon. They go fast, so mark these dates on your calendar for when tickets go on sale:
- Supporting Members: October 30, 9:00am
- Explorer Members: November 1, 9:00am
- Business Members: November 5, 9:00am
- General Public: November 6, 9:00am
The event runs selected dates in December, and, please note that the price goes up as we get closer to Christmas, so if you want to do this a little less expensively, make your plans accordingly.
December 1-2 | Tickets are $15
December 5-9 | Tickets are $20
December 12-16 | Tickets are $22
December 19-22 | Tickets are $22
Climb aboard the Ellerbe Creek Railway for a journey to the North Pole. Enjoy a ride through thousands of twinkling lights as we make our way to meet Santa and his elves. Back at the station explore festive activities including:
- Face painting by Paint Savvy
- Holiday crafts
- “Science of Santa” activities including hands-on snow polymer, simple circuits, and more Holiday music and light displays
- “Skate in your socks” synthetic ice rink
- Complimentary hot chocolate
- Pop-up Museum gift shop
- Sprout Cafe will be open for light snacks and coffee
Sensory Friendly Santa Train
Friday, December 1st Train times: 5:20pm and 5:40pm
We’re excited to offer sensory-friendly Santa Train rides for guests with Autism Spectrum Disorder and similar needs. Train rides will include no yelling in the tunnel and no whistle sound; additional sounds and some lights will be lowered. Additional staff and volunteers from UNC TEACCH Autism Program will be on-hand to assist guests. Cool down kits, noise-cancelling headphones, and social narratives available upon request.
Please reserve these train times for our ASD community. Train rides after 6pm will return to full light and sound.
If you are unable to ride at this date and times, cool down kits, noise-cancelling headphones, and social narratives will be available for all Santa Trains.